Solution for multiple static ips only one NIC

M

MelRay

So as the title says I actually pay for 5 static ips from Comcast business service. I have added a second nic to my server and used a router to assign the second static ip (the first I use for home internet service). So my question is would a switch be a cheap solution to connect each port on the Comcast cable modem to the switch and then just have one output through the router through to the nic? I know there are more expensive solutions but I have no knowledge on how to configure them even if I wanted to spend several hundred dollars.

The goal is to assign a static ip for mail server, one for web, the other two for DNS as primary and secondary.

Your thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

MelRay

Couldn't you assign an IP to a specific port? Then only use one connection?

Ryan I could do that but the issue is that there are actually physical cat 5 ports coming off of the cable modem. Which I presume they configured the same way by assigning one of the static ip's to a specific hardware port. For this reason it appears to me the only solution would be a device that can take all 5 ethernet cables into the device with only one ethernet coming out.

Ryan I could do that but the issue is that there are actually physical cat 5 ports coming off of the cable modem. Which I presume they configured the same way by assigning one of the static ip's to a specific hardware port. For this reason it appears to me the only solution would be a device that can take all 5 ethernet cables into the device with only one ethernet coming out.
Oh. I misunderstood. Well, a switch would be a bit of an odd fix in this situation. Wiring IPs to hardware ports is something I have never seen or heard of before. Maybe someone else on the site might know more.

This is due to the specification of Windows PE. The NICs order is not the same between windows, SRD and Windows PE.
If wrong NIC is chosen for the static IP address through "Network Adapter Configuration" of SRD, the static IP address is not configured correctly.
It is strongly recommended the below steps to make sure to configure the static IP address for a correct target NIC.

1)Use only one NIC and the rest of NIC's should be disabled by BIOS.

2)Use netsh command instead of "Network Adapter Configuration" of SRD.

Members online