Solidarity w veteran programmer in strife?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrlouis

Reaction score
Credits
Hi folks,

I’m writing because my elderly father, after many illustrious decades as a programmer and Linux expert, and nearly 2 decades with Parkinson’s, now is having some cognitive difficulties, and as a result is having trouble with his desktop, email server, and printer which previously he ran via his Linux system using Slackware v 15. In particular he can’t get into his email which is hosted by a server run through his home office set up. There's quite a bit of bespoke software that he's written.

I myself have no linux/slackware skills, so I can’t fill the gap, and therefore I am hoping there would be a good Samaritan who can spare 20" or 30" over Zoom or another video connection to look over his shoulder and see if there are any obvious typos / bugs in the code he's stuck on, or give advice on how to proceed. It’s causing some serious difficulties for him because he needs the email for all kinds of apps and messages. Thank you in advance if you have any tips or suggestions for this challenge, or time to help out. We're based in Victoria, BC, in case anyone knows of local resources we could access.

regards,
wrlouis

Report •••

No need to double post. Locking this thread, use your other thread.

Reactions: Rob
@KGIII The OP mistook instruction/suggestionss at his other thread, thinking they meant for him to post here, an understandable error.

He is being attended to at the original thread.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Reactions: Rob
He is being attended to at the original thread.

I know. LOL We had a PM exchange. It wasn't locked with malice, it's just a simple mistake on their part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts