Software & Updates: Security Updates Setting is Blank

Eddie Paul Litz

Reaction score
Credits
Security Updates Blank.png

Security Updates setting is blank. I can't seem to change it. Is there any way to fix that?

What Linux distro are you using.

Have you installed the updates.

What Linux distro are you using.

Have you installed the updates.
Distro: Linuxfx/Windowsfx
As for any Sec. Updates, I haven't seen any come up.

Open the terminal run

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade

sudo apt dist-upgrade

In the menu there should be an update manager of some sort.

Never seen this distro.

Does it not have user documentation explaining how to update it.

No Updates Available & No Document.

Linuxfx is a Brazilian Linux distribution based on Ubuntu. It ships with an intuitive Cinnamon desktop user interface designed to facilitate migration of users from Windows. It includes a video management system called Sentinela, a computer vision software with video analytics and software for access control (facial recognition and automatic number plate recognition), object detection, gender, age and mood detection. Other features of the distribution include a new personal assistant, a WX theme for desktop and system applications, and compatibility with software written for Windows (.exe and .msi) through a Wine port.

Linuxfx 10 is a Brazilian Linux distribution founded by Rafael Rachid. It is based on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. That means you have five years of system upgrades.

Seeing it is based on debian and ubuntu, the chances are extemely high that there is some sort of update service available.....somewhere.

from their faq's
While installation, a message was flashed saying installation as failed. It still has installed. The repositories can not be updated. Says software cache is not up to date & upon requesting to refresh it fails to refresh.

Conclusion:
Several people had installation problems.
This may have resulted in OS infection/failure/

Contact the owner/builder Rafael Rachid via phone or whatsapp....link below

I suggest installing and using a Linux distro that has a working support forum and user documentation.

Why take a chance with a Linux distro which won't update and has no user documentation or active working forum.

Just my opinion.

If the drop down menus on that page do nothing, and other evidence suggest a poor implementation of Linux, try something else - like the Ubuntu that Linuxfx is supposedly based on.

Linux is free, there are so many good distros available, no need to try and make a bad one work. Maybe someday the dev will get it all together, but for now pick something useful.

Last edited:
What does your sources list say - the contents of /etc/apt/sources.list?
And the contents of /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*?
Can you copy and paste here, so we can see please?

If you click on the "Ubuntu Software" Tab as in your screenshot what does it show?

Here are the screenshots.

Attachments

• sources list.png
    sources list.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 491
  • sources list d.png
    sources list d.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 488
  • Other Software.png
    Other Software.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 462
Can you guys see if there's a PPA for Ubuntu Security Updates (Not Proposed) for Windowsfx/Linuxfx please? Maybe that might solve an issue w/ it.

Can you guys see if there's a PPA for Ubuntu Security Updates (Not Proposed) for Windowsfx/Linuxfx please? Maybe that might solve an issue w/ it.
Maybe some useful replies will come out of this topic on the Ubuntu forums.

There does seem to be an ubuntu security updates PPA mentioned here.

Last edited:
From everything I read and there isn't much other than reviews any support that is available is only going to be gotten by contacting the developer.

Linuxfx support:
0800 881 3000 (Phonne & Whatsapp)
[email protected]

Link above is from this link.

View attachment 6831
Security Updates setting is blank. I can't seem to change it. Is there any way to fix that?
I wonder if that indicates that all "security" updates will be selected by default and the user has no choice to "de-select" any of them? Kinda like Windows 10 updates o_O

You can, at your own peril, choose to not run security updates. And you will be pwned at some point because of that. What you can do on most Ubuntu based distros is select whether to auto install or not.

I don't know of any good reason to not want security updates. And by the way, security updates are incorporated into and released in the software that is affected by the security notice. Every security notice affects some piece of software and it's not always the kernel, most apply to browsers, spreadsheets, email clients, various and sundry drivers, and any piece of software you can think of. Security vulnerability is about being able to exploit some software unit on a computer - it's not always the internet.

You can, at your own peril, choose to not run security updates. And you will be pwned at some point because of that. What you can do on most Ubuntu based distros is select whether to auto install or not.

I don't know of any good reason to not want security updates. And by the way, security updates are incorporated into and released in the software that is affected by the security notice. Every security notice affects some piece of software and it's not always the kernel, most apply to browsers, spreadsheets, email clients, various and sundry drivers, and any piece of software you can think of. Security vulnerability is about being able to exploit some software unit on a computer - it's not always the internet.
What do I do to get Security Updates on Windowsfx?

Going back to your original post. If the drop down menus don't work, and if running sudo apt update and sudo apt full-upgrade never produces and installs any updates, then you have two choices. One, reinstall linuxfx, or two get a different distro.

Going back to your original post. If the drop down menus don't work, and if running sudo apt update and sudo apt full-upgrade never produces and installs any updates, then you have two choices. One, reinstall linuxfx, or two get a different distro.
Like in my Signature, I'm running Ubuntu Cinnamon.

If Ubuntu Cinnamon is working for you I'd stick with it.
From what I read about Linuxfx I would stay away from it.

Too many other Linux distros to use.
Who wants a Linux distro that looks like Windows much less Windows 10.

Not I.

I have Windows 10 and don't use it but on rare occasions.
If I use any OS that looks like Windows 10 it will be a Windows 10 OS.

The Horror.
The Horror.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online