slow to delete multiple files from GUI

Y

Yifangt

Hello,
I am using Mint 14.0 with mdm file manager. Whenever I bulk delete files (empty or no-need) from GUI, it takes too long (~5 minutes for 30 files) and my desktop seems frozen. Any clue about this problem?
Thanks a lot!

Hmm... Mint 14.0 is obsolete for more than a year now and MDM means Mint Display Manager.

Hello,
I am using Mint 14.0 with mdm file manager. Whenever I bulk delete files (empty or no-need) from GUI, it takes too long (~5 minutes for 30 files) and my desktop seems frozen. Any clue about this problem?
Thanks a lot!
We don't mean to ridicule you, but when a release become obsolete, support (updates, fixes, patches, etc.) are no longer released. This may not sound like such a bad thing from the get-go, but please realize:

You are no longer safe from the latest security threats/vulnerabilities.
You no longer can get support for the product.

Why end support for a release?

Linux Mint developers (and other distribution devs) work very hard to maintain current releases of LM (or any other Linux distro). That said, with every release comes more maintenance work. If they were to do this for every single version of LM, they would not have enough time to innovate for future releases.

Members online

Latest posts