Slackware stability

K

KenJackson

ITWire reports, "An uninformed comment on a Linux community blog has led to questions over the stability and finances of the Slackware GNU/Linux project..."

I've noticed this site has some avid Slackware followers and I wonder if anyone has noticed problems, or if this is just pumping up a detail into a story.

I didn't notice their site was down for sometime, I'm not a fan of slackware though. I've once use slackware 11 but that was back when i was first trying linux and know nothing about it. I know however slackware is one of the oldest linux that still survives the test of time. There has been lots of offers to them about co location of their server, i'm sure they can just move to another server of maybe use some virtual server temporarily.

Patrick, Slackware and Slackware.com are fine and aren't going anywhere anytime soon!

IMO we need to find some more Slackware users on here..

Likely Debian, it was a long release cycle and is extensively tested for stability before and after release.

I'm not a huge fan of Slackware but It could be improved. For now I run the latest Ubuntu with a Dual boot of Windows 7 and its been great so far.

Members online