Should I go for Debian 10, Debian 11 or Parrot home Os?

Kellynelly

Reaction score
Credits
Hi boys.

Beginners question here. I am a privacy focused user, if it’s between Debian 10, waiting for Debian 11or Parrot Home Os, what are you thoughts.

I know parrot is a rolling fork of Debian but is it safe or should I just wait for Debian 11 full release.

Just out of curiosity, and parrot home users here? How’s your experience with parrot so far?

welcome to the forums

further information please..see my signature

Bwiz

ParrotOS is focused at pen-testers, so I would go for Debian 10. Once Debian 11 is officially released you will easily be able to upgrade to Debian 11. Do you have any other requirements of the distribution you want to run other than that it not being Windows, if so it might be worth looking at others as well?

ParrotOS is focused at pen-testers, so I would go for Debian 10. Once Debian 11 is officially released you will easily be able to upgrade to Debian 11. Do you have any other requirements of the distribution you want to run other than that it not being Windows, if so it might be worth looking at others as well?

Hi, most of the apps/ software I’m using now is compatible with Linux so both os’s seem to be suitable. My main goal is to have an os with “provable” zero telemetry (if that’s even a word) and between parrot and Debian, I’m looking for a more hardened system in terms of security and privacy. So boys. My words may not make sense as im just typing right out of my mind ☺️ Hope it makes some sense.

Go ahead and install Parrot. It is already hardened. You can harden Debian but it takes a bit of knowledge and time to get it the same as Parrot.
Or you can go ahead and install Debian 11 and follow the harden-doc.
You would probably want the Debian iso from:
If you are truly paranoid use this guide:

You could also use the scripts from here:

Members online