Shortcut on Launchbar & Launcher

Eddie Paul Litz

Reaction score
Credits
Is there a way to copy a shortcut on my desktop to the Launchbar & App Launcher?

Has anyone found about this? :)

Eddie, you are going to have to stop putting in hurryup posts like that last one every time you do not get answers for 2 hours.

We have over 13,000 other Members besides you, nearly all of whom await an answer patiently, even when some of their problems are critical.

There are a handful of volunteers here from timezones all around the world.

1. You should put in each new thread what Linux you are using, down to the DE (Desktop Environment), that saves us having to ask you or to look up one of your other threads. Now I happen to know that it is Ubuntu 18.04 (that is 18.04, not 18.4), but is it GNOME or MATE?
  2. If by "App Launcher" you mean Show Applications, with the 9 dots ... you don't need to put a shortcut in there, it is quicker to click an icon from the Launcher.
  3. What is the document, or app or package that you have the desktop shortcut for that you want to, is it move? There is no reason to copy it if it is already on your Desktop, unless you want to clear all icons from your Desktop to see the wallpaper.
  4. What steps, if any, have you taken so far to look up an answer of Google or DuckDuckGo? Using what keywords?
If you follow these steps, we may be able to assist your further, and if you do find the answer, yourself, come back and share it with others :D

Cheers

Wizard

I downloaded FireFox Ver 61. I extracted it from the package, made a shortcut for the executable file & would like to make a shortcut on the Launcher bar. How do I go about doing that?

Let's refer back to Wizard's question #1: Which version of Ubuntu are you using? Gnome? MATE? Other?

Ubuntu 18.4 Bionic Beaver Is all I can figure out version wise.

Glad you found a solution on your own! :D

A couple of other notes:

1. As Wizard corrected you already... you are using Ubuntu 18.04, not 18.4.
2. You don't know what version of Ubuntu you installed??? I can guess, maybe, but you should know what you're using. Since we may need to know this to help you further, please open a terminal and enter the following command, and tell us what the response is:
Code:
ls /usr/bin/*session

Thanks!

I just like to use "18.4" for short.

eddie@eddie-HP-Notebook:~$ ls /usr/bin/*session
/usr/bin/dbus-run-session /usr/bin/gnome-session-custom-session
/usr/bin/gnome-session
eddie@eddie-HP-Notebook:~$

I just like to use "18.4" for short.
We're kind of picky about things like that. Zeros have value (in version numbers) and should not be omitted.

/usr/bin/gnome-session
And there is the answer to that question: Gnome. Thank you. It helps to avoid confusion since Ubuntu has at least 8 versions!

As Wizard said above, it is very helpful if you will always include your distro and DE when you ask a question since other people may respond to you who have not read this thread. Something like Ubuntu 18.04/Gnome or Bionic/Gnome is enough to clue anyone in.

Cheers

Members online

Latest posts