Shared folder not working in Ubuntu Studio

akastudio

Reaction score
Credits
Hi everyone, I am new here I am looking for some help to set a Shared Folder in Ubuntu studio installed on Virtual Box, I have had no problem doing this in other dist (Ubuntu mate, Kubuntu, Lubuntu and Ubuntu 20) but I cannot make it work in Ubuntu studio.

So I have installed the Guest Addition in the OS set the shared folder to auto-mount just as I did in all the other dist, but nothing appear the first thing I noticed is that when inserting the disk it doesn't launch automatically the installation as in the other dist so I have launched the autorun.sh and installed the addition restart but the folder doesn't show up, I have looked at many guide and tutorial online but nothing seem to work.

Is anyone of you ever been in this situation with Ubuntu Studio? It is probably an easy fix to apply I just can't see how can you please help?
Thank is advance

Did you add yourself to the VBOX User group?
Code:
sudo usermod -aG vboxusers username
where it says username that is your username
reboot

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Shared Folder on the Guest (Ubuntu studio) has an "X" and wont open...you need to open a Terminal on the Guest and type...
Code:
sudo usermod -a -G vboxsf yourusername
My user name is bob...press enter give your password hit enter again...close the Terminal and reboot and it should work.
c0505.gif

Last edited:
Yes I have done that, it is weird because it works fine in the other distros but it doesn't in Ubuntu Studio

Hmm... Ubuntu Studio used to use a real-time kernel, but now it's a low-latency kernel. (I'm pretty sure.)

I wonder if that's why there's a conflict and why it's not working.

Support for rEFInd​

rEFInd is a bootloader for UEFI-based systems. Our settings which help to support the lowlatency kernel help to create a menu entry to help apply those settings and keep the lowlatency kernel as the default kernel detected by rEFInd. To keep it current, simply enter
Code:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure ubuntustudio-lowlatency-settings
in the command line after a kernel update.

Thanks everyone for the advises. I just did a dual boot and fixed all the issues

Members online