Setting up new characters on a keyboard

Roykim34

Reaction score
Credits
I have a Spanish keyboard that misses the characters "<" and ">". Even with AltGr, I am getting characters like "«" and "»", but the character for "greater" and "minor" are actually missing.

The keyboard is a Cybertel CVB K107, but on the Web, I find other descriptions with the same model name and even the packaging it came with shows another photo where actually keys for "greater" and "minor" can be seen. free ringtones

As I like this keyboard for its small size and the characters for foreign languages like ç and â, I only would like to have a simple key combination like CTRL-2 or so which would print "<", e.g.

I found a plethora of all sorts of info about xfce and keyboards, but unfortunately nothing about how to simply set up a new character with the ALT or CTRL key or any other keys suitable for that.

Add the moment, I help myself with the program xvkbd, where I select the ">" key with the mouse. But that's cumbersome for command line editing. Funny ringtones

Last edited:

Yeah -- I have looked into ASCII characters for Linux in the past without much luck, too. Anyone?

Members online