Setting up a minecraft server on CentOS 8, I am a complete noob

LinuxNoob96

Reaction score
Credits
So I have been trying to set up a dedicated minecraft server on an old laptop of mine. I figured I should use linux for the better performance and settled on CentOS 8. I got the minecraft server files downloaded and running, but ran into problems connecting to the server. I originally posted this thread: https://linustechtips.com/topic/128...craft-server-running-on-centos-8-please-help/, but didn't get much further. I have pretty much no experience with linux.

This is the current problem: I had a typo when trying to run the server in the last post on linustechtips.com, so I got the server running now. Upon running, it outputs the following:
Code:
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
It then continues to start up the server as normally. If I check
Code:
netstat -tulpen
I see
Code:
tcp    0    0    0.0.0.0:25565    0.0.0.0:*    LISTEN    1000    89019    17119/java
I still can't connect to the server.

Any help is appreciated and sorry if this is posted in the wrong place!

Configure your firewall to allow connections to pass through that port running your mincraft server.

By the time this post was actually approved on the forum, the problem was solved. Thanks for the reply, though!

By the time this post was actually approved on the forum, the problem was solved. Thanks for the reply, though!
Welcome to the forums! Be sure to post an introduction in the introduction section :)

Members online

Latest posts