Sendmail on a Virtualhost

Gollunk

Reaction score
Credits
Hello everybody,

I have a website on "mydomain.com" (not made by me) and i just made another one on a virtualhost "vh.mydomain.com". Sending mails from mydomain.com work fine but does'nt work from the virtualhost. I just want to use the same mail server for the 2 websites.

I don't get any logs from PHP, so i think that the problem come from the mail server configuration and i don't know where to find a log from apache about mailing.

The mail server is Sendmail.

Thank you in advance.

Hello Rob, thank you for your reply. I did look in those files yet and nothing appears.

Hello @Gollunk, and welcome! I'm afraid I am no help at this level, so I apologize for that. Perhaps @Rob will have some other ideas or maybe another user with mail server experience will come along soon. Not everyone checks in here everyday, so sometimes assistance is not immediate. Good luck!

Cheers

Yeah, I'd check from the bottom up. Check dns, make sure the mx records are set correctly, check the logs to see if they're getting through.. it's tough to troubleshoot without all the info.

Start in /var/log/.. send an email from server 1, check those logs to see if it left, check logs in server 2 to see what it did with it

Hello everybody,

I have a website on "mydomain.com" (not made by me) and i just made another one on a virtualhost "vh.mydomain.com". Sending mails from mydomain.com work fine but does'nt work from the virtualhost. I just want to use the same mail server for the 2 websites.

I don't get any logs from PHP, so i think that the problem come from the mail server configuration and i don't know where to find a log from apache about mailing.

The mail server is Sendmail.

Thank you in advance.

My guess is that you need to add the ip of vh.mydomain.com to the allowed networks within sendmail. Since it is working for mydomain.com. Try searching for the mydomain.com ip in the sendmail config and then add the ip of vh.mydomain.com in the same config setting. But check /var/log/mailllog for the errors you are getting from the ip of vh.mydomain.com, if it was I mentioned above you should see an error with something like "Relay access denied" from the ip of vh.mydomain.com.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts