Sending process to backgroup

swavijay

Reaction score
Credits
Hi Experts,
I'm using ethr tool for sending TCP traffic and i use a python script to run the ethr tool on multiple interfaces and i want to send the ethr command on every interface to run on background.
the command that I use to run it on backgroud is: ```./ethr -s -ip 73.2.1.11 -4 -port 10026 -no &"

The above commands sends the process to background but i have to press enter to get back the linux prompt which i dont want since it would be difficult to simulate through script.
i tried to use /n option on the python script that did not work.

also, i tried to redirect to a file which serves my purpose but the file size grows due to overnight traffic because of which my VM hangs.
could you kindly let me know if there are any other options

I Tried that too .. but somehow the VM Crashes. Actually is there any limitation on the number of ports to open for accepting TCP Connections in Cent os? I tried to copy this command manually and then also the VM Crashes saying

runtime/cgo: pthread_create failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
runtime/cgo: pthread_create failed: Resource temporarily unavailable

What exactly is your Python script doing?
I suspect it might be something in your script that is causing the problem.
How many instances of ethr is your script starting?!
It seems that your script is running so many instances of ethr, that you’re quickly running out of memory and maxing out the number of threads you can have open at once.

Yes.. it was a memory problem after increasing the RAM size of my VM it is holding up. sorry for the flase alarm.

Members online

Latest posts