Send me screenshots of your EPIC Linux desktops! :3

C

CatOnZipline

EVERYONE I WANNA SEE YOUR DESKTOP AT ITS VERY BEST!!! I'm posting this because I'm bored :|

Here's my desktop, but kwin keeps glitching so I cant show off that dank desktop cube.

Screenshot - 03312016 - 05:04:55 PM.png

EDIT: Now my Lubuntu setup
Raph tho XD
[/url][/IMG]

Attachments

• Screenshot - 03312016 - 05:04:55 PM.png
    Screenshot - 03312016 - 05:04:55 PM.png
    662.5 KB · Views: 6,549
Last edited:

I like clean screens too. I took this photo in 2005 from inside the stone circle. Desktop is Linux Lite 2.8.
Atanere_screenshot.png

Workspace 1_015.png

Wow, trying to upload this image requires flash? Gonna have to talk with @Rob about this...

Here's how my desktop normally looks when logged into dwm:
DefaultDesktop.png

And here's the top-bar to prove it. Normally the top bar is hidden, so it usually looks as above ^^:
Dwm.png

I spend most of my time using dwm - a tiling window manager (see my post on dwm in the Post Your Desktop! thread) but the actual distro running underneath it all is Kubuntu 14.04. So I do have KDE 4.x installed too... My KDE/Plasma desktop session is a little busier - Again, the bottom bar is normally hidden, shown only for the screenshot. The 'Default' activity looks more like the first screenshot I posted (as per my other DE's/WM's), but I do have a few choice desktop widgets running in the 'Jason' activity shown below, but I do have other desktop layouts for other activities:
KDEDesktop.png

Alongside dwm and KDE, I also have the Enlightenment 20 DE installed. Once again, the bottom bar is usually hidden:
e20.png

One of my favourite features of Enlightenment is its terminal emulator - Terminology. Which enables you to view images, videos and listen to audio on the command-line via its built-in commands tyls (lists files and displays thumbnails) and tycat (displays images/videos and plays audio). You can even set an image or a video as the background for the terminal via tybg.
Here's a shot of Terminology in action using tyls and tycat:
e20Terminology.png

Not really required functionality for the terminal, but it does make it a little more fun to use. You can also split the screen into several different terminal sessions, tiled in the same window and even change between several possible layouts using keyboard shortcuts.
Despite its flashy looks, Enlightenment is more lightweight than KDE or Gnome. Impressive for a DE which is as feature rich as this. That said, I still spend most of my time using dwm. The other two desktops KDE and E20 are used very rarely!

Here's how my desktop normally looks when logged into dwm:
View attachment 2450
And here's the top-bar to prove it. Normally the top bar is hidden, so it usually looks as above ^^:
View attachment 2451
I spend most of my time using dwm - a tiling window manager (see my post on dwm in the Post Your Desktop! thread) but the actual distro running underneath it all is Kubuntu 14.04. So I do have KDE 4.x installed too... My KDE/Plasma desktop session is a little busier - Again, the bottom bar is normally hidden, shown only for the screenshot. The 'Default' activity looks more like the first screenshot I posted (as per my other DE's/WM's), but I do have a few choice desktop widgets running in the 'Jason' activity shown below, but I do have other desktop layouts for other activities:
View attachment 2452

Alongside dwm and KDE, I also have the Enlightenment 20 DE installed. Once again, the bottom bar is usually hidden:
View attachment 2453
One of my favourite features of Enlightenment is its terminal emulator - Terminology. Which enables you to view images, videos and listen to audio on the command-line via its built-in commands tyls (lists files and displays thumbnails) and tycat (displays images/videos and plays audio). You can even set an image or a video as the background for the terminal via tybg.
Here's a shot of Terminology in action using tyls and tycat:
View attachment 2454
Not really required functionality for the terminal, but it does make it a little more fun to use. You can also split the screen into several different terminal sessions, tiled in the same window and even change between several possible layouts using keyboard shortcuts.
Despite its flashy looks, Enlightenment is more lightweight than KDE or Gnome. Impressive for a DE which is as feature rich as this. That said, I still spend most of my time using dwm. The other two desktops KDE and E20 are used very rarely!
Your not moving to plasma 5?

I'll wait until a month or so after Kubuntu 16.04 is released and then upgrade. That will be enough time for any serious bugs in Kubuntu to be ironed out. Plus it will ship with KDE 5.6 or 5.7, so most features that were missing from the early iterations of 5.x should be there!
Plus I need to get a new backup drive, so I can back up all of my personal stuff before I attempt the upgrade. My other drives are already full....

Updated. This is not "mine", but the same make, model, and color scheme as mine. Yeah, the pic is lifted from another site...

Screenshot from 2016-05-07 13-44-31.png

Hmmm, there seems to be a theme on my wallpapers!

My desktop is not epic, as I like to keep things simple, and I am not a fan of that sort of desktop, I use Debian 8.4 with KDE 4.14, and if you are not a minimalist, you probably don't like this. But I am happy with my system.

upload_2016-5-24_18-1-16.jpeg

I indexed the colors here to get it to under 1MB for your viewing pleasure online. Don't know what I'd do without Conky :)

Attachments

• B.png
    B.png
    723.1 KB · Views: 851
All of your desktops look great in their own special way and that makes me happy. Proves to those Windows peasants we're more than just black and green teminal.

Members online