Security issues

No worries. It will come with time, when it is necessary.
I find that my looking too broadly at things and using anyting but exact phreseology irritates newbies and certain personality types, respectively.
In any case, I hope your issue is solved very soon.
Thanks. Me too.

You really should notify;
1. your ISP
2. local law enforcement
3. the FBI
What you have described is highly illegal.

Get yourself a used computer with a different processor. In this case an 'older' machine may be better. Perhaps even an old MacBook with Linux on it.

Replace your home router. ( you do use a NAT router - right?)

Make sure to use a firewall. A hardware firewall device would be best.

Call your ISP and explain the situation to them and ask for a different IP address and a new or different modem.

Abandon your website where you post video documentation. Make a new site OR get a security Guru to check the site for vulnerabilities.

Don't use any Wi-Fi. Use a wired LAN connection only.

Do all these steps simultaneously. If you do not know how the 'bad guys' are getting in then, replacing one item at a time may still provide them access or reinfection.

Don't allow anyone access to your machine.
Interessting about the NAT. I looked it up - and apparently it is the most used way, so I suppose I have a NAT. I did call the ISP and they told me I couldn't get a new router. Can I just buy one myself and will it work anyways? Maybe that could be part of the solution then?

Interessting about the NAT. I looked it up - and apparently it is the most used way, so I suppose I have a NAT. I did call the ISP and they told me I couldn't get a new router. Can I just buy one myself and will it work anyways? Maybe that could be part of the solution then?
You may or may not have a NAT router.
Please keep in mind that we have no way of knowing what types of equipment you have unless you tell us.

As far as your ISP is concerned; if all you have said is true then you should demand a new modem or modem/router.

Regardless of what your ISP decides to do you can purchase your own NAT router and install it between your modem and computer.

Thinking outloud:-
If OP replaces the router w/o changing the ip address my concern is that the cyberstalker could still get access to the computer by breaking through the firewall on the router/modem.

Just a thought--

Last question: A secure subforum?! Does that mean, I can no longer follow this thread? Kind regards Anne

Not at all, Anne.

We have quite a number of subforums here, and you can see them by going top-left and right-clicking forums, to help you better place your questions.

I have simply moved this from General Linux, where you placed it to Linux Security.

Wizard

You may or may not have a NAT router.
Please keep in mind that we have no way of knowing what types of equipment you have unless you tell us.

As far as your ISP is concerned; if all you have said is true then you should demand a new modem or modem/router.

Regardless of what your ISP decides to do you can purchase your own NAT router and install it between your modem and computer.
You are truely being a great help. Thank you!

Not at all, Anne.

We have quite a number of subforums here, and you can see them by going top-left and right-clicking forums, to help you better place your questions.

I have simply moved this from General Linux, where you placed it to Linux Security.

Wizard
Okay. Thank you for the information. Within the next couple of days I will upload some videos, where I show some of my issues. Due to my sitaution, I'm not able to do it right now, but will have to wait a day or two. When I have uploaded the content - I will post a link in this thread. And then I will fill a report to the police - AGAIN!

Here is two links to two of the videorecordings of what I'm exposed to, when it comes to hacking of my computer. I have also informed the police. However, it is in Danish but I have made some english comments. Thanks so much for all the help you have been providing.

Members online

Latest posts