Search function problem

rado84

Reaction score
Credits
I almost left the forum bc I thought one of my topics was deleted. Thanks to @wizardfromoz it was found, so I'm staying but the question is why none of the usual methods to find it worked? I even made a video as a demo of the problem - 7zipped for faster uploading.

The previous version of Xenforo forum software used to complain about searching just a single word, but I am not seeing any warnings about that with this new version (yet).

Interestingly, if you simply search the word "listing" (as in your video)... and DO NOT check the box to search Titles only, and DO NOT enter your own user name... then the post you are looking for appears as the first result. Maybe more of Wizard's magic? (Just kidding!) :D

@Rob may understand the quirks of Xenforo better that the rest of us, and he may have options to modify some of the quirky behavior. Or, there may be some things that we just have to live with. Of course your video also showed the easiest way to find your own previous posts... looking in your user profile.

[EDIT] Oops, your "listing" now shows up in 2nd place with searching, and my reply here is first. But if you DO check the "Search Titles" box, then your post is first. o_O

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob
Interestingly, if you simply search the word "listing" (as in your video)... and DO NOT check the box to search Titles only, and DO NOT enter your own user name... then the post you are looking for appears as the first result. Maybe more of Wizard's magic? (Just kidding!) :D
Already tried that - no result.
It only appears (and not always, I might add) with "listing", do check the box for titles and WITHOUT entering a username.
For some reason the forum thinks I am not me and the topic in question isn't mine.

Go to your forum name "radio84" menu bar and and open it.

Go to "Your content" and open it.

Every post you have posted in is located there.

Reactions: Rob
Just an FYI - I am including a partial quote on what I said to Rado, but at the same time preserving his and my privacy.

In Profile, did you use the Find button or Postings, see mine below

E6Q1HmI.png

Find all content shows every Posting, which is where I found the first link I provided, then Find all Threads I used to find the actual Thread authored by you.

Cheers all

Wiz

Members online