Search Engine Preferences

The easiest way to get it running is as a container using podman or docker.
I'll give it a try over the next day or so.

According to the Wife we're going Christmas shopping which of course I
knew nothing about until now.

Guess I'm going Christmas shopping boy oh boy what fun that is Blah I know tis the season and all of that other crap I just hate shopping.

Guess I'm going Christmas shopping boy oh boy what fun that is Blah I know tis the season and all of that other crap I just hate shopping.
Be sure to get some hot chocolate with rum while you are out shopping on the Christmas market with your wife.

Be sure to get some hot chocolate with rum while you are out shopping on the Christmas market with your wife.
Now there's a good idea. ;)
Better get going before she drags me out of here by the ear.

I like retirement but sometimes I wish I was back at work.

Oh... No, no, no...

Hot chocolate gets mixed with peppermint schnapps.

Also, even I like Christmas carols. I don't like the Christmas music you hear on the radio, but I do love me some Christmas carols. I know the words to all of 'em. Well, probably not all of them - and definitely not the third, fourth, and fifth stanzas of some of them that just go on and on forever.

Heck, I can sing Oh Come All Ye Faithful in Latin.

Yes, yes I will go caroling with you - but someone else is gonna have to drive 'cause I'm mixing schnapps with my cocoa. Gotta have nice rosy cheeks to go caroling!

And, I'm done with my holiday shopping. I've finished it. I did most of it online.

Also, even I like Christmas carols. I don't like the Christmas music you hear on the radio, but I do love me some Christmas carols. I know the words to all of 'em. Well, probably not all of them - and definitely not the third, fourth, and fifth stanzas of some of them that just go on and on forever.

Heck, I can sing Oh Come All Ye Faithful in Latin.

Yes, yes I will go caroling with you - but someone else is gonna have to drive 'cause I'm mixing schnapps with my cocoa. Gotta have nice rosy cheeks to go caroling!

And, I'm done with my holiday shopping. I've finished it. I did most of it online.
Right On KGIII.

I like Christmas I just don't like shopping.

I was using DuckDuckGo for years. That is, until I found out that they were selling information on users searches to of all people, Microshaft. I switched to startpage.com. They claim to be the worlds most private search engine... We'll see how that works out for me. :rolleyes:
Startpage uses Google search results which uses your location. You may want to check their privacy policy, they state that they don't collect any personal information or ip addresses which is very impressive assuming they are telling the truth. But we all know, when it comes to privacy , no one can be trusted, so if you want real privacy, self hosting is your friend.
In that case, you may want to take a look at searx and searxng which is a fork of searx.
There are public instances which are run by generous volunteers, but again, real privacy comes with trusting no one.

ip addresses

So, I checked their privacy policy and that line doesn't make much sense.

Your server is gonna log traffic by default and they have to store your IP address at least for a short period of time. If they didn't, their site wouldn't work. They wouldn't know which IP address should be served with the requested data.

Anyhow, you kinda need that log for debugging things when there are errors, so they are at least logging some traffic. I suppose they could munge the IP addresses in the log.

Staff online

Members online