Screen stays black after waking up from suspend mode

termiantor

Reaction score
Credits
The screen stays black when I put my laptop into suspend mode and then wake it up again. None of the solutions I've seen so far have worked for me.

what I have tried/read: So far I have mainly tried to change the parameters GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT and GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX in the grub file, because this was mentioned as a solution in existing articles on the problem, e.g. in this article 18.04 Screen, remains blank after wake up from suspend. Mainly the problem seems to occur with Nvidia users as I have seen it in various StackExchange and Reddit forums (due to a driver error). Since I'm not an Nvidia user, I ruled out this problem. All forum posts recommended setting GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX = nouveau.modeset=0" as the best solution, but when I opened my grub file I saw that this is already the default setting in my grub file (I've never touched my grub file before ). So since this wasn't a solution, I read in an article (which I, unfortunately, can't find anymore) that I should try to set GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX = blacklist=1 as an alternative (to be honest I don't really know what to do with it) which unfortunately didn't help.
Does anyone know what the problem could be?
thank you for your help

Here is my grub file(/etc/default/grub) and my system information.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2022-10-11 22-23-05.png
    Screenshot from 2022-10-11 22-23-05.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 248
  • Screenshot from 2022-10-10 14-53-37.jpg
    Screenshot from 2022-10-10 14-53-37.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 236

Before doing anything, I suggest you to create a snapshot using Timeshift.
This could be a problem with Wayland.
Did you try disabling "security chip" option on BIOS?

Members online