Berksor

Reaction score
Credits
Hi I am new to the world of Linux (I should have come here a lot earlier) But I am just having some trouble with my aspect ratio and screen resolution, the problem is that I am using a ultra wide monitor 3840x1080. I have used the console using xrandr and so on to get a new screen resolution into the settings, which was fine. And I can choose the new setting and everything. But when it updates to the new resolution (3840x1080) it looks glitchy, like it has lines running vertically across the whole screen that chops bits off. I don't know how to explain it well, but it is not usable, that or I have a stretched aspect ratio on using the default resolution (1920x1080).
If anyone has the same issue, or knows what to do about this, please let me know, it will be greatly appreciated.

what's your computer's make and model? What's your video card make and model (if you know)? What desktop and distro are you using?

Hi,

Did you try to set a lower frequency with xrandr ? If a lower frequency solves the problem it is probably some power saving feature that needs some configuration (I remember a recent thread about this).

Staff online

Latest posts