Screen Randomly Dimmed on Lenovo X200 Tablet

• Thread starter Deleted member 111282
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 111282

While I was able to fix it by pressing FN and the button that says "Home" (which shows the symbols for increasing brightness), I'm wondering if that was a random glitch, or if that's a sign this device is on it's way out because of it's age?

If pressing a button fixes. I wouldn't think that is an age thing, but more of some sort of configuration. It seems almost as if it goes into "I'm no longer plugged in" power-saving mode or something.

Physical hardware failing (like saying a capacitor starting to leak) while can be intermittent, generally won't respond to pressing a key on the keyboard. (though, I've seen weirder things happen)

Actually, thinking about this. It could be the sensor thinking the tablet isn't plugged in. That would in fact cause a reaction when pressing a key.

If pressing a button fixes. I wouldn't think that is an age thing, but more of some sort of configuration. It seems almost as if it goes into "I'm no longer plugged in" power-saving mode or something.

Physical hardware failing (like saying a capacitor starting to leak) while can be intermittent, generally won't respond to pressing a key on the keyboard. (though, I've seen weirder things happen)

Actually, thinking about this. It could be the sensor thinking the tablet isn't plugged in. That would in fact cause a reaction when pressing a key.

The strange thing is when it dimmed the first time, the charger was plugged in, and when it did the second time, the charger wasn't plugged in.

Have you checked the power manager settings or the display manager settings in the control center.

Members online