Screen Randomly Dimmed on Lenovo X200 Tablet

dcbrown73

Reaction score
Credits
If pressing a button fixes. I wouldn't think that is an age thing, but more of some sort of configuration. It seems almost as if it goes into "I'm no longer plugged in" power-saving mode or something.

Physical hardware failing (like saying a capacitor starting to leak) while can be intermittent, generally won't respond to pressing a key on the keyboard. (though, I've seen weirder things happen)

Actually, thinking about this. It could be the sensor thinking the tablet isn't plugged in. That would in fact cause a reaction when pressing a key.

OP
SpongebobFan1994

SpongebobFan1994

Reaction score
Credits
If pressing a button fixes. I wouldn't think that is an age thing, but more of some sort of configuration. It seems almost as if it goes into "I'm no longer plugged in" power-saving mode or something.

Physical hardware failing (like saying a capacitor starting to leak) while can be intermittent, generally won't respond to pressing a key on the keyboard. (though, I've seen weirder things happen)

Actually, thinking about this. It could be the sensor thinking the tablet isn't plugged in. That would in fact cause a reaction when pressing a key.

The strange thing is when it dimmed the first time, the charger was plugged in, and when it did the second time, the charger wasn't plugged in.

D

Deleted member 101831

Have you checked the power manager settings or the display manager settings in the control center.

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!

Members online

Latest posts