Screen not fitting in Gentoo

K

Kryyll

I just installed a fresh copy of Gentoo on my desktop; however both the terminal and Xorg won't fit the screen. For example, imagine two boxes, one bigger and one smaller, the inner box is the terminal (or Xorg) and the outer box is just black. I tried changing the screen resolution in my boot loader but that just made the text smaller and more crisp looking. Obviously it has something to do with my graphics card (which is a Nvidia one). I installed the Nvidia driver (nouveau) but no dice. Any ideas?

PS: The screen fit perfectly on my Manjaro system but doesn't fit with the Gentoo install drive. I also played with the screen settings on the screen itself.

Eh, seems as though that file isn't even there. In fact, I have an X11 directory but thats all, no xorg.conf.d. I'll keep playing with it to see if I can get it

Victory! I found the source of the problem. Looks like I forgot to select the Nvidia drivers when I compile my kernel. I simply edited the menuconfig and recompile the kernel. I rebooted and the screen was too wide. However, that was easily fixed by adjusting the screen settings on the monitor. Thanks for the help!

Members online