Saving of Emails on site.(Solved)

Nik-Ken-Bah

Reaction score
Credits
Problem:-
I want to be in some way able to down load specific and personal Emails for my archives so that I can view them offline and without having to use a browser to open them.
I just tried downloading an Email from Gmail and it downloaded just the original Email but not the subsequent message train involved in the Email exchange.
The download file extension was .eml
TIA :)

You can just open .eml files with Thunderbird, otherwise you will have to save it as text file if you want to open it without an e-mail program because with .eml format you will also get to see the e-mail headers which your e-mail client doesn't show by default.

You can just open .eml files with Thunderbird, otherwise you will have to save it as text file if you want to open it without an e-mail program because with .eml format you will also get to see the e-mail headers which your e-mail client doesn't show by default.
I thank you for that, appreciated. :cool:
I just gave it a burl then didn't see Thunderbird on the other programs list at the beginning of the list had to go right to near the end of said list, that is why I missed it originally.
Opening with other programs also show a lot of other bits of info even within the text. I opened it with Libre Writer and ended up with 26 pages of text.Twenty five of which was just all the baggage text of the file.

Opening with other programs also show a lot of other bits of info even within the text. I opened it with Libre Writer and ended up with 26 pages of text.Twenty five of which was just all the baggage text of the file.
Like I said opening a .eml file with a normal tex editor will show all the mail headers and other information which are used for e-mail transport, when saving the same e-mail as a text file you will just see the part of the e-mail which you want to read as you would when opening it with an e-mail client.

Members online

Latest posts