sandbox and Firejail

Incruste2.0

Reaction score
Credits
hello everyone

I would like to know if the sandboxing is stable and usable in the long term.
For those who use it I would like to have your opinions.
Recently, I have heard a lot about this secure solution.
Because recently I went to the software library and there were even some negative opinions.

Thank you

A program type you will need in order to run your system safely without any virus.in some programming environments, a protective mechanism that restricts the program's access to system resources. the sandbox restricts the program with a series of privileges and commands that make it difficult for the program to damage user data.

@Nelson Muntz ....which Linux are you running ?
Have you any experience with FDNS ?

Hi @Condobloke,

I'm running SparkyLinux 5.12 (Nibiru) 64bit.

I also run a few other Linux distros mainly Debian and Debian base.

No I have no experience with FDNS and TBH I don't know what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Condobloke -- I'll look into FDNS soon, Condobloke -- thanks! In fact,
@Nelson Muntz -- after running Debain and Slackware for quite a while, I recently began using PCLinuxOS 64bit Openbox 2020.04 and found it to be much more polished and sophisticated than I had hoped. I runs APT just fine and gave me a warning of file changes via a built-in program I have forgotten the name of, leading to my making use of a Clonezilla backup of the system I had made just about 48 hours prior and installing Firejail from the repo (along with rkhunter). Thanks for the reminder!

@Nelson Muntz -- after running Debain and Slackware for quite a while, I recently began using PCLinuxOS 64bit Openbox 2020.04 and found it to be much more polished and sophisticated than I had hoped. I runs APT just fine and gave me a warning of file changes via a built-in program I have forgotten the name of, leading to my making use of a Clonezilla backup of the system I had made just about 48 hours prior and installing Firejail from the repo (along with rkhunter). Thanks for the reminder!
@sp331yi

I'm familiar with Openbox WM.

I've haven't tried PCLinuxOS it looks interesting and I have been wanting to give it a try so I may just create a Live Media over the weekend and give it a try.