Samsung M2020 - Missing printer driver - Debian 11 [SOLVED]

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
Credits
The missing driver according to the notification is: Samsung M2020 series

The reasons that the driver may missing are the following:

Is there any proprietary driver that I can use?

Thank you

edit:
I found this but I don't know how to use it,
it's a tar.gz

I extracted it and it contains the following:
Screenshot from 2022-01-08 19-05-33.png

First time I try to install drivers

Last edited:

Well, you could try executing the install.sh...

Assuming you're in that folder:

chmod +x ./install.sh
sudo ./install.sh

Thanks for the answers, I manage to install the driver but the printer do not print. It began the printing job and then it stops with an error, troubleshooting say that there is no obvious solution to the problem.
Screenshot from 2022-01-09 12-54-59.png

Are you using an USB Cable or Wireless?
also open your web browser and go to http://localhost:631/admin
and make sure your printer is added

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the paper size in the printer. i
Is it set to US Legal or A4? Does it reflect the size of the paper you are actually using?

If it is a new installation of the printer, why does it say "job 11"? What else is in your print queue?

1) It's a USB cable printer.
2) I setup the printer in http://localhost:631/admin and I started yet another test job, still not printing. the notification say ''Filter Failed''
3) The paper size is correct, the printer is printing on Windows.
4) It is a new device on my Debian all the jobs listed are test failures

Last edited:
1) It's a USB cable printer.
2) I setup the printer in http://localhost:631/admin and I started yet another test job, still not printing. the notification say ''Filter Failed''
3) The paper size is correct, the printer is printing on Windows.
4) It is a new device on my Debian all the jobs listed are test failures
I have found that sometimes on Debian the test print page does not work . try a real document see if it prints. Clear the print que first if possible.

Samsung uses CUPS and should work well on Linux, my thoughts… delete entirely the current installation, download the tar ball again, and try a fresh installation,

You can try
Code:
sudo apt remove ippusbxd
sometimes this file stops the printer process it did on my Canon TS3120 and see if it makes a difference once uninstalled leave your printer on and plugged in then reboot

It seems I don't have that file
Code:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package ippusbxd

I tried everything, uninstall and reinstall. Someone on the internet say that HP do not upgrade the Linux drivers for old Samsung printers and they have problems with newer Linux releases... Thanks for helping

It seems I don't have that file
Code:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package ippusbxd

I tried everything, uninstall and reinstall. Someone on the internet say that HP do not upgrade the Linux drivers for old Samsung printers and they have problems with newer Linux releases... Thanks for helping
Some printers require that file to work some do not - since you do not have try installing it
Code:
sudo apt install ippusbxd
and do the same as above leave you printer plugged in and on then reboot after it is installed

It seems that I'm cross doxxed xD I will continue tomorrow with all the proposals

Yes
Code:
sudo apt install libcupsimage2
is the solution and Debian now can print, but can it scan? This is a question for an other day, Thank you all guys

Members online

Latest posts