Ryzen 3400g does not work compatible with Linux ?

parol

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, as you can see in the Video and in the pictures, the tingles are forming. There is no problem in hardware, Windows 10 runs smoothly. This problem arises when I switch to any Linux distribution. AMDGPU-Pro etc. I installed software like that, but it didn't work. In general, it is always firefox, Firefox or the background is pulled back to the background to understand passes. What is the source of this problem ? How to solve this ? I tried with Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 20 Ulyana, Parrot 4.9.1, and they all gave me trouble. Ryzen 3400G, Gigabyte B450m-SH2, 8x2 Ram Sorry, I use translate.
Youtube Video
qNWO3C.jpg

gdE1h7.jpg

I'm having the SAME problem... which is how I found your post. This issue is not just occurring in Firefox for me. Also seeing this in other programs. I did perform the BIOS upgrade to the latest version and this did not solve the problem.

I can't believe anyone would seriously think a particular distro is the way to go for getting AMD video working. The distro doesn't matter.

After a few hours googling and experimenting, I have added 'amd_iommu=on iommu=pt' to the kernel boot line and have not seen the issue. The 'amd_iommu=on' may be irrelevant since adding that alone did not have an impact.

System: Kernel: 5.7.12-zen1-1-zen x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.1.0 Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.19.4 Distro: Arch Linux
Machine: Type: Desktop System: Gigabyte product: X570 UD v: N/A serial: <filter>
Mobo: Gigabyte model: X570 UD v: x.x serial: <filter> UEFI: American Megatrends v: F20 date: 07/07/2020
CPU: Topology: Quad Core model: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics bits: 64 type: MT MCP arch: Zen+ rev: 1
Graphics: Device-1: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Picasso vendor: Gigabyte driver: amdgpu v: kernel bus ID: 08:00.0
Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.8 driver: amdgpu unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
OpenGL: renderer: AMD RAVEN (DRM 3.37.0 5.7.12-zen1-1-zen LLVM 10.0.1) v: 4.6 Mesa 20.1.5 direct render: Yes

I can't believe anyone would seriously think a particular distro is the way to go for getting AMD video working. The distro doesn't matter.

After a few hours googling and experimenting, I have added 'amd_iommu=on iommu=pt' to the kernel boot line and have not seen the issue. The 'amd_iommu=on' may be irrelevant since adding that alone did not have an impact.

System: Kernel: 5.7.12-zen1-1-zen x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.1.0 Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.19.4 Distro: Arch Linux
Machine: Type: Desktop System: Gigabyte product: X570 UD v: N/A serial: <filter>
Mobo: Gigabyte model: X570 UD v: x.x serial: <filter> UEFI: American Megatrends v: F20 date: 07/07/2020
CPU: Topology: Quad Core model: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics bits: 64 type: MT MCP arch: Zen+ rev: 1
Graphics: Device-1: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Picasso vendor: Gigabyte driver: amdgpu v: kernel bus ID: 08:00.0
Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.8 driver: amdgpu unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
OpenGL: renderer: AMD RAVEN (DRM 3.37.0 5.7.12-zen1-1-zen LLVM 10.0.1) v: 4.6 Mesa 20.1.5 direct render: Yes
Glad to hear that editing the kernel line helped.

Where did you find the amd_iommu=on iommu=pt command?

Glad to hear that editing the kernel line helped.

Where did you find the amd_iommu=on iommu=pt command?
Quite interesting, I run this exact CPU on my nas system which doesn't run a GUI so I didn't come across this problem. Didn't read about it until I came across this topic, seems it is still an ongoing issue.

Last edited:
I would like to thank @TheLinuxNinja for posting what was for me the solution to the issue described by @parol.

I recently bought an Asrock Deskmini x300 with an AMD Ryzen 5 3400G. I installed Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon, v4.6.7, Linux Kernel 5.4.0-60-generic. I experienced the same problems, so I started searching for a solution. Adding 'amd_iommu=on iommu=pt' to the kernel boot line is the first and only thing I tried to fix the problem.

As a Linux noob I had to figure out how to edit the Linux kernel boot line. After reading this post, explaining how to edit the kernel boot line in the grub config file, even an old Windows system administrator as myself was able to fix it.

Thank you again @TheLinuxNinja for posting the solution and @parol for starting this thread !

Staff online