Running 3rd party software for csgo

Freez

Reaction score
Credits
Hello!

There is this program, but only for windows though, kinda like faceit but less known. The website is: beta.esportal.com
I want to run it in linux so that I can play on their website, but how can I manage to do that?

Since it's made for Windows, there's no guarantee it will work in Linux. Cross your fingers. Try installing WINE then install the Windows version of Steam and download and install CS:GO. Then install Esportal and see what happens. FYI, WINE (stands for Wine Is Not Emulation), is basically a Windows layer that runs when a Windows application is called. There are other Windows layer programs you can try. PlayonLinux works well. They use WINE and have install scripts for many Windows programs. They also allow you to have multiple versions of WINE installed and can use a different one for each application you run if each runs better on a different version.

Since it's made for Windows, there's no guarantee it will work in Linux. Cross your fingers. Try installing WINE then install the Windows version of Steam and download and install CS:GO. Then install Esportal and see what happens. FYI, WINE (stands for Wine Is Not Emulation), is basically a Windows layer that runs when a Windows application is called. There are other Windows layer programs you can try. PlayonLinux works well. They use WINE and have install scripts for many Windows programs. They also allow you to have multiple versions of WINE installed and can use a different one for each application you run if each runs better on a different version.

This pops up when I try with wine:
JcUVuFW
https://imgur.com/a/JcUVuFW

Like I said, there's no guarantee it will work in Linux. I don't know enough about WINE to help you, but I do know enough to point you to https://www.winehq.org/. They have tips to get certain supported apps working. Sometimes a simple tweak can get it working. They also have a forum with people who know the ins and outs of WINE who might be able to help you.

Staff online

Latest posts