rpmError

D

designer

rpm: error while loading shared libraries: librpm.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I install the rpm,but when I type the rpm I get this. How I can do ?

root@debian:/home/linjieli/Downloads">root@debian:/home/linjieli/Downloads# dpkg -i rpm.deb
(Reading database ... 123462 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace rpm 4.9.1.3-2 (using rpm.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement rpm ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of rpm:
rpm depends on librpm2 (>= 4.9.0); however:
Package librpm2 is not installed.
rpm depends on librpmbuild2 (>= 4.9.0); however:
Package librpmbuild2 is not installed.
rpm depends on librpmio2 (>= 4.9.0); however:
Package librpmio2 is not installed.
rpm depends on librpmsign0 (>= 4.9.0); however:
Package librpmsign0 is not installed.
rpm depends on rpm-common (= 4.9.1.3-2); however:
Version of rpm-common on system is 4.8.1-6+squeeze1.
dpkg: error processing rpm (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
rpm

When I install I get this. Everyone, please help me. Thank you.

Email: [email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

What are you trying to install? You are using Debian, so you should be installing .deb packages. It will make your life a lot easier.

Than you. I also think installing .deb is right and easy. But I want to learn the rpm and yum, so I install them on my debian linux and I almost success. But I met this? Now I want to fix it? I just want to learn not only success. hehe!

.deb packages are specifically made for Debian and Debian derivatives. .rpm packages are specifically made for Red Hat and it's derivatives. Yes, there are ways to install them on the other OS, but then you are dealing with dependencies that are missing from the repositories of that OS, which is probably the problem you are having now.

If you really want to learn yum, install Fedora on a separate partition. Then, you can 'yum install' all day long and yum will be able to cure the dependency issues. Otherwise, we are going to have to walk you through fixing each error one at a time, and who has time for that besides you? :p

Members online