Resolution Scaling Settings Default to 100% from 125% After Closing Lid

ghosty999

Reaction score
Credits
Hello! When I close the lid on my Dell on Cinnamon 21 5.4.12 and then re-open, the resolution scaling I set to 125% defaults back to 100%.

I have my laptop to "do nothing" when closing the lid, but sometimes the laptop will logout after a certain period of time, meaning the when I re-open it, it freaks out and goes back to 100%.

Thanks!

wizardfromoz

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
G'day @ghosty999 - what method did you use to set from 100% to 125%?

Wiz

escapecity

Reaction score
Credits
@ghosty999 - of course if you're logged out, the login manager's (probably lightdm) default resolution will apply. But after re-logging in your user settings should be (re-)applied. Does this happen as one would expect?

(the answer may depend on the answer to @wizardfromoz ' question. if it was done via display settings using fractional scaling it should be a persistent user setting)
I think somewhere in power settings you might be able to specify the behaviour after a longer idle time (e.g. "do nothing if on AC"). I assume that this could solve your problem.

OP
ghosty999

ghosty999

Reaction score
Credits
G'day @ghosty999 - what method did you use to set from 100% to 125%?

Wiz
Mornin'. I use the Display GUI to set monitor scale.
@ghosty999 - of course if you're logged out, the login manager's (probably lightdm) default resolution will apply. But after re-logging in your user settings should be (re-)applied. Does this happen as one would expect?

(the answer may depend on the answer to @wizardfromoz ' question. if it was done via display settings using fractional scaling it should be a persistent user setting)
I think somewhere in power settings you might be able to specify the behaviour after a longer idle time (e.g. "do nothing if on AC"). I assume that this could solve your problem.
Basically I have my laptop set up to do nothing when closed, but sleep after 20 mins. So when I close the laptop and it sleeps, awakening it and logging back into the desktop environment defaults it back to 100%.

I have set the a GRUB param to i915.enable_psr=0 since my laptops intel graphics was causing the system to freeze. It could possibly be that interfering?

MALIBAL Linux Laptops

Linux Laptops Custom Built for You
MALIBAL is an innovative computer manufacturer that produces high-performance, custom laptops for Linux.

For more info, visit: https://www.malibal.com

Members online

Latest posts