Resolution Scaling Settings Default to 100% from 125% After Closing Lid

ghosty999

Reaction score
Credits
Hello! When I close the lid on my Dell on Cinnamon 21 5.4.12 and then re-open, the resolution scaling I set to 125% defaults back to 100%.

I have my laptop to "do nothing" when closing the lid, but sometimes the laptop will logout after a certain period of time, meaning the when I re-open it, it freaks out and goes back to 100%.

Thanks!

G'day @ghosty999 - what method did you use to set from 100% to 125%?

Wiz

@ghosty999 - of course if you're logged out, the login manager's (probably lightdm) default resolution will apply. But after re-logging in your user settings should be (re-)applied. Does this happen as one would expect?

(the answer may depend on the answer to @wizardfromoz ' question. if it was done via display settings using fractional scaling it should be a persistent user setting)
I think somewhere in power settings you might be able to specify the behaviour after a longer idle time (e.g. "do nothing if on AC"). I assume that this could solve your problem.

G'day @ghosty999 - what method did you use to set from 100% to 125%?

Wiz
Mornin'. I use the Display GUI to set monitor scale.
@ghosty999 - of course if you're logged out, the login manager's (probably lightdm) default resolution will apply. But after re-logging in your user settings should be (re-)applied. Does this happen as one would expect?

(the answer may depend on the answer to @wizardfromoz ' question. if it was done via display settings using fractional scaling it should be a persistent user setting)
I think somewhere in power settings you might be able to specify the behaviour after a longer idle time (e.g. "do nothing if on AC"). I assume that this could solve your problem.
Basically I have my laptop set up to do nothing when closed, but sleep after 20 mins. So when I close the laptop and it sleeps, awakening it and logging back into the desktop environment defaults it back to 100%.

I have set the a GRUB param to i915.enable_psr=0 since my laptops intel graphics was causing the system to freeze. It could possibly be that interfering?

Members online

Latest posts