Resizing the kernel's partition after boot using Gparted concerns.

I have quite a menagerie at the moment. Both Ubuntu and Lubuntu on an old HP Mini netbook, the Lubuntu is quite good. FreeBSD with Mate (not Mint) desktop on the old HP desktop - writiing on it now in fact, must admit the Mate desktop is snazzier than the one I have on Puppy. BionicPup on thumbdrive was supposed to be my recovery drive but I have been using it the most and it is easily switched between the desktop, netbook and my old man's Windows laptop.

Just out of interest - here's a list of the apps I particularly like on the BionicPup32 install.

PupControl - a nicely done control center that proves a very straight forward gateway to getting most if not all critical hardware, software and network settings sorted out.

PPM - Puppy Package Manager - gives a great breakdown of what if anything is missing from a package installation.

PSI - Pup SysInfo - one of the most thorough in depth system profiler apps I have seen, it gives you a total system breakdown, even its summary option is more detailed than many such apps' full output options.

pFind - file finder - great for locating those executables.

ROX-Filer - file manager - can customize the menu to give more options as to what to do with a selected file.

Boot Manager -- a startup manager - very powerful tool for enabling/disabling what applications and system services get initiated at boot up, Can also make other SFS files or other distro filesystems available to your Puppy system, can manage swapfiles and modules.

IPInfo - network information - tells you all you need to know about who or what is attached to your network.

ListDD - lists dynamic dependencies - tells you all you need to know about what app needs what libraries etc.

Compton - switch transparent windows on or off - a hoot.

Pupsave Backup - simple straight forward way to back up your system, do it before making any major system changes, restoring your system if you screw up is as simple as removing the extension of a filename. Makes recreating your entire system elsewhere from scratch a doddle.

HexChat - nice forum.

Members online