Removing windows

we can do it on this forum hopefully . So you say you have the choice of Mint or Ubuntu boot splash ? Boot into Mint for me please

ok lets see what this command gives without sudo it should show which partition is mounted :

df

ok lets see what this command gives without sudo it should show which partition is mounted :

df
1598549230185.png

ok i'm pretty sure unless a mod does an intervention @arochester ?

that Mint what you are running now is on /dev/sda4 .

Right so there are two ways to do this. Dont do anything until you read the whole thing.

Both use gParted .

When you are in gParted you left click on /dev/sda4 and then right click it should say resize/move. Using the <> you should be able to stretch sda4 into un-allocated. Then you have to click green arrow from memory to actually carry out.

You CAN NOT not stretch /dev/sda4 from Mint because your Mint is using that partition. You can do i think from booting up ubuntu which i think is on /dev/sda5 . or you have to power down hit F9 or similar to boot the live Mint OS you sued to install. you launch gPArted from the menu of the live OS. It will allow you to stretch hopefully /dev/sda4 into un-allocated

have a through link arochester gave in case i missed something.

Have you powered down and both boot Ok ?

Also i'm thinking you could clean up /dev/sda6-9 and put a swap in that area ; what do others think ?

have a through link arochester gave in case i missed something.

Have you powered down and both boot Ok ?

Also i'm thinking you could clean up /dev/sda6-9 and put a swap in that area ; what do others think ?
Yes working great. Thank you

Hello Garth,
I thought I heard Cap mention my name, so here I am.
I am running Linux Mint 19.3 Mate. Timeshift comes pre-stalled in my system. I'm sure it does with Cinnamon as well.
Garth can check to see if it is installed by going to the Menu {Bottom left hand corner of Desktop}.
Open 'All Applications'. Scroll down to 'Timeshift'. It should be there; if not, he can open the 'Software Manager' and find it there, and install it from there.
Old Geezer Tango Charlie :cool:

By the way - Welcome to the forum Garth! Enjoy your stay!
OG TC

@Garth
Garth,
Here's a Timeshift video that would be very helpful for you.
WizardFromOz Timeshift article.
Scroll down the page and you will find two video clips from YouTube. The first one is about Timeshift.
TC

Staff online

Members online