refresh rate 40hz?

endruschat100

Reaction score
Credits
who knows - how I can set the refreshrate to 40hz (xfce) in PcLinuxOS-
it is not possible in the settings, here you have a picture, thank you
Screenshot_2022-05-13_21-48-39.png

I don't think you're going to find any Linux distro that's going to have a refresh rate of 40Hz.

Most LCD monitors run 59.0Hz to 75Hz and sometimes even a higher refresh rate depending on the graphics adapter and monitor.

man xrandr

see --rate

Bartman's probably right that it won't work. Some displays will support 30Hz for some modes, but I wouldn't expect it of a laptop that sports a 1600x900 native mode.

how I can set the refreshrate to 40hz
It's possible to write an xorg.conf file section which tries to control the refresh rate. Something like a file called, for example,
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-refreshrate.conf with something like:
Code:
Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "monitor"
        Option          "Primary" "true"
        HorizSync       31.9, 37.8, 48.4
        VertRefresh     40, 60
EndSection

Note that the HorizSync and VertRefresh are usually a list of figures separated by commas which are figures I gleaned from the technical manual of the monitor manufacturer because they are the ones that will work.

Sometimes this file, 20-refreshrate.conf that you create can be placed in /usr/X11/xorg.conf.d along with the other files there. It's varied for me at different times on fedora and debian.

Some success with a different rate was noted here: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=256663