Reduce the timeout in dual boot options to micro seconds

A

Anil Kagi

Hey friends,

I have just installed Linux Mint 17 Qiana Cinnamon on my Samsung RV509, i3, 3GB RAM, 300GB HDD Laptop. I have two OSs in dual boot on this system. The other one is Windows 7. Now I would like to reduce the timeout in dual boot options to micro seconds or less than a second, may be to 1/10th of a second, during startup. I have LM as the default OS.

Can this be done?

I would greatly appreciate any help in this regard.

Thank you.

I would like to reduce the timeout in dual boot options to micro seconds or less than a second said:
You realize that a timeout of less than a second will pretty much guarantee that you'll always hit the default. Why bother with the dual boot setup, then? Perhaps a better choice is to make the boot menu hidden and go for around a 2 second timeout. Then, all you'll need to do is bang away at the escape key to get the boot screen.

What's so important that you can't wait 2 seconds?

Hey friends,

I have just installed Linux Mint 17 Qiana Cinnamon on my Samsung RV509, i3, 3GB RAM, 300GB HDD Laptop. I have two OSs in dual boot on this system. The other one is Windows 7. Now I would like to reduce the timeout in dual boot options to micro seconds or less than a second, may be to 1/10th of a second, during startup. I have LM as the default OS.

Can this be done?

I would greatly appreciate any help in this regard.

Thank you.
The minimum Grub menu timeout is 1 second or just disable the menu.

arochester, Grumpyoldman, and ryanvade.

Thank you for coming. Sorry for the delayed reply. I had stumbled upon the answer luckily while I persistantly googled a lot till exhaustion, after posting my querry. :oops:

However surprisingly, I was able to reduce the timeout to 0.01 seconds by making changes in the grub confg txt file. o_O

And regarding 'Why?'.
Its my little secret guys, which I will let you know after some time of getting used to mint 17.;)

Thanks & Regards:)

Anil

Members online