Redshift Issue on MX Linux 18.2

mrcrossroads

Reaction score
Credits
Something changing between 18.1 and 18.2 seems to have broken Redshift. It would launch but not actually tint the display. I'd normally launch it with the simple command, "redshift"

Not sure exactly what the issue is, but I did find more specific commands DO work. Running the command "redshift -O 3500" works perfectly. Actually, I wish I had known about this much sooner because I prefer this method since I can fine tune the tint intensity. To deepen the tint you can use other options like 3000, 2500, 3200 and so on. Yay

That is a worthy accolade, MX series is a good product.

Been using it since 14 was changing to 15, and I always have one rig with it on.

Wiz

And on another note, MX Linux has taken over the #1 spot from Manjaro on DistroWatch. :cool:

Thanks for the info on Redshift! :D

Cheers

I can believe it. It's pretty lightweight with it's default Xfce DE. I switched to it at version 17 because I wanted a distro based directly on Debian. I had been using Mint, which was a great distro, but it's distro based directly on Debian was spotty.

I have also run across another issue with MX involving my VPN of choice, but that's for another thread.

That is a worthy accolade, MX series is a good product.

Been using it since 14 was changing to 15, and I always have one rig with it on.

Wiz

Both the antiX and old MEPIS community have struck gold with this one. If MX ever goes under I'll probably go to antiX.

Members online

Latest posts