Recovering Windows user

StageTech

Reaction score
Credits
Greetings from E. Tennessee,
New to Linux and pleased beyond belief. Recently loaded linux Mint on old Vista machine, 2.8 ghz processor, 6 gigs ram. It runs perfect with Mint. Easy to install and setup. I like it so much that I wiped my Win 10 laptop and loaded it with mint as well. I had never considered Linux until our OIT guy at work told me it would breathe life into my old hardware. I mainly surf the net and watch media. So far it is able to do all I need it to. I plan to play around with other distro's as I have two more units that are held hostage to windows.
Thanks for this forum and all the great information.
Don

... and Greetings from Australia right back at yer :)

I had to look at the thread title and wonder - is this a User trying to recover Windows, or a person recovering from using Windows? :p

Now I know. I'll leave it to our Admin @Rob to take kudos for the site, but I hope you enjoy your stay here.

If you have questions, start a thread in

https://www.linux.org/forums/general-linux.143/

or

https://www.linux.org/forums/getting-started.148/

... and try to include keywords in your thread title that will help or members to zero in and help.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

I have two more units that are held hostage to windows.

Love the way the man talks :cool:

Hi Don, and welcome to the forums! And I love the Great Smoky Mountains... one of my favorite places! Let us know if you have any questions or problems, and we will try to help.

Cheers

Greetings from E. Tennessee,
New to Linux and pleased beyond belief. Recently loaded linux Mint on old Vista machine, 2.8 ghz processor, 6 gigs ram. It runs perfect with Mint. Easy to install and setup. I like it so much that I wiped my Win 10 laptop and loaded it with mint as well. I had never considered Linux until our OIT guy at work told me it would breathe life into my old hardware. I mainly surf the net and watch media. So far it is able to do all I need it to. I plan to play around with other distro's as I have two more units that are held hostage to windows.
Thanks for this forum and all the great information.
Don
Hello there don. Welcome to the group, mate. I don't know if you're familiar with the Distro watch site, but if you are considering experimenting with other distributions on the two other machines, you might want to check it out. Let the fun begin!
Happy Trails,
Paul

Members online

Latest posts