Reading Guides/Indexes

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DevynCJohnson

Here is a list of reading guides on Linux.org. Each guide contains a list of links to various Linux articles. Each guide/index covers a particular subject. For instance, if you wanted to know more about filesystems, then you would go to the filesystem guide and read the desired articles in the list.
NOTE: If a link does not work, then that means the article has not been publicly released yet.
Which Distro is Right for Me?
Beginner Guides
Basic Guides
Intermediate Guides
Advanced Guides
Miscellaneous

Last edited:

Can you Please create a guide for Reading Tutorials??
There are articles but there is no link between them.
It would be very helpful for beginners like me if give a road map for tutorials

Can you Please create a guide for Reading Tutorials??
There are articles but there is no link between them.
It would be very helpful for beginners like me if give a road map for tutorials

You mean you would like a reading guide for Linux newbies? I will see what I can do. It may not be made soon, but I will try to make something like that for the next guide. Thanks for the idea.

Okay, I have added some more guides and updated the whole guide index to make the list of guides more organized. Enjoy!

These are great! I have been going to and fro in the forums trying to figure out a logical way to read the threads. I appreciate you compiling the lists! :D

You might want to put security above server administration. Unless you understand security, you really can't do administration. I read through server admin and things didn't connect until I read security.

These are really great guides! A LOT of information, all very well put.

You might want to put security above server administration. Unless you understand security, you really can't do administration. I read through server admin and things didn't connect until I read security.

These are really great guides! A LOT of information, all very well put.

True, but some people feel that security topics are more advanced. Therefore, reading about administration first may help provide people with more knowledge and confidence before reading about security.

I updated the Linux.org reading guides. Now, they look more organized and aesthetically pleasing.

These reading guides are still updated and maintained. If you click a link and get an error, it is because the article has not been released yet to the public (try that link again in a couple of weeks).

Status
Not open for further replies.