Raspberry Pi!

The Pi was concieved as a very low price educational plaform to kickstart the teaching of programming in schools and in this respect has been spectacularly successful.

IT teaching in schools and beyond had hitherto been focused almost entirely on literacy in applications distributed by Microsoft and others.

Before passing judgement with such haste I would suggest some background reading. As a start:

<Not allowed to post>

This forum treats its members like children.

The Pi was concieved as a very low price educational plaform to kickstart the teaching of programming in schools and in this respect has been spectacularly successful.

IT teaching in schools and beyond had hitherto been focused almost entirely on literacy in applications distributed by Microsoft and others.

Before passing judgement with such haste I would suggest some background reading. As a start:

<Not allowed to post>

This forum treats its members like children.
I don't know if it's just trolling but I realize what Pi is all about. It sure is a great project, as I have already mentioned. However, it's not the biggest and not even the first one in this sense, being more famous in Europe and its former colonies.

Anyway, I was talking about personal use.

And I must say, again, if you're an intermediate or advanced user, it's not a good device for the money, imho.

Also if you're gonna install Gentoo on it make sure you have weeks to compile everything. Not joking. It took like 3 days to do system update..... TIME TO TRY SLACK :)

Members online

Latest posts