Raspberry Pi Updates

VP9KS

Reaction score
Credits
One of the things I have enjoyed about the Raspberry Pi is updating from the Command Line Interface, Like in Slackware, but due to problems with not being able to watch youtube videos, I reloaded with the latest version. I did the CLI updates as usual, but while running the browser, I noticed an Icon on the right side of the task bar that I did not recognize. Holding the mouse over it revealed that it is an update manager like in Mint and other distributions:eek: (all good things must come to an end!). Oh, Well. I guess it was done to make it easier for the average user.:p

yeah same problems here and it's affecting damn near every distro in this area...

yeah same problems here and it's affecting damn near every distro in this area...
That is curious, When did you do the original install? I think that mine lasted about a year, from the last install. HMMMM...

package-update-indicator which I assume is what the Bullseye version is using, is actually rather neat.
You can use it along with unattended-updates to download packages in the background. Then you can run sudo apt upgrade whenever you feel like it.

Members online