Questions about Timeshift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffrey Lapinski

Reaction score
Credits
I am planning to upgrade my SSD to a 1 TB drive. If I install the same distro on my new SSD will I be able to then load my timeshift to the newly installed OS on my new drive?

More info, mate :)

1. What's the OS you are going to, or have snapshot/ted, that you want to install at the other end?

2. Is it the case that you want to install a clean OS at the receiving end, then use the Timeshift snapshot you have on your current computer to duplicate to the new drive, settings, data and all?

3. What is the size of the existing OS as per, say GParted?

I may move this to my Thread on Timeshift, so that many of its Watchers may benefit, but we'll see what you come back with.

Cheers

Wiz

Evening (or morning as the case may be)
1. Mint 19.2
2. Yes, since I solved my previous problem I did a fresh install of Tina and I am debating on if its safe to start setting it up for long term use as I am waiting for my new SSD to arrive
3. Currently 13.92 GB
4. Feel free to relocate! I wasn't exactly sure where to post this so stayed "general"

Friday afternoon ... are you on night shift or at home? I am just ducking backwards and forwards from Garage to Laundry where I am at a crucial point in laying down a home brew.

I'll copy these Posts to the Timeshift Thread and take it up there, and close off input to this Thread with a view to deleting it later.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online