Questions About Linux

Hans52

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,
I am new to Linux. I have watched many YouTube videos about it and I am convinced that Linux could be great. I have some questions though.
Once I download Linux, can I switch to Windows 10? I am planning to use Windows 10 for school and Linux for everything else.

I am new to Linux but I also have a substantial knowledge of various programming languages. What distribution do you recommend for me?

Can you tell me one thing that is the worst about Linux (in your opinion)?

Please help me,
Thank you in advance

You can dual boot - that means booting both Linux and Windows, only one at a time, on the same system. There are many articles and tutorials for this.

Any distro will work with 'various programming languages' well enough. You can configure your environment on any of them - but I'd stick to the more popular distros as you're new and will want support. The more people tha use it, the more support you have.

See also:

The worst thing about Linux would probably be the lack of drivers. Not all hardware companies provide adequate drivers. This isn't nearly as bad as it used to be, but these days it may still take some searching and testing to get your wireless or bluetooth devices working.

Once I download Linux, can I switch to Windows 10?

you have more than one option depending on your equipment and commitment,
duel boot as suggested by my friend above,
if you have room a second on board drive for Linux keeping your current window drive separate
or simpler still is to install Linux to a pen-drive with persistence now this will be marginally slower than on board drives but it is a good option for laptops, [also it will give you a walk away installation you can boot any time into a suitable machine]
whichever you choose the other thing you need is patients as Linux is not Windows and will incur a learning curve.

Bwiz

Staff online

Members online