Question for KGIII when he bans me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depends on what you did, what you did? tell the truth

I haven't banned anyone in quite a while. If I banned you, you'll know the reason.

What I have done is not allow certain people to bypass the spam filter. If your IP or email address are in a database as being a spammer of being banned at other sites who use the same database, you don't make it past the spam filters.

No, I don't make any exceptions. Sign up with your real email address, don't use a dodgy VPN, and don't spam the forum with off-topic links and the likes.

Let's hope you'll behave yourself and I don't need to ban you. However, as I said, when I do ban people they know exactly why they're banned.

I've also moved this thread to the appropriate sub-forum. Please make new threads in the *most appropriate* sub-forum. This has nothing to do with "general Linux".

I haven't banned anyone in quite a while. If I banned you, you'll know the reason.

What I have done is not allow certain people to bypass the spam filter. If your IP or email address are in a database as being a spammer of being banned at other sites who use the same database, you don't make it past the spam filters.

No, I don't make any exceptions. Sign up with your real email address, don't use a dodgy VPN, and don't spam the forum with off-topic links and the likes.

Let's hope you'll behave yourself and I don't need to ban you. However, as I said, when I do ban people they know exactly why they're banned.

I've also moved this thread to the appropriate sub-forum. Please make new threads in the *most appropriate* sub-forum. This has nothing to do with "general Linux".
I said in the ban, not here, tell me who I am

i find this works : [andrew@darkstar:~]$ whoami (07-15 19:31)
andrew
[andrew@darkstar:~]$

(07-15 19:32)

please run the command and report back

I have no idea who you are. You're just another potential user to me.

Looks like KGIII is making friends. Good for him. ;)

@Hey why don’t you allow , he's being a moderator, doing what mods do. You would probably do better to PM him if you have complaints.

No, don't PM me. I was quite explicit about that in a PM.

User was banned for harassing people (namely me) via PM.

Yes, they were given ample warning. They were told what the outcome would be if they continued. They continued.

Edit: Thread locked. Ain't nothing productive going to come out of keeping it open. Please, don't feed the trolls. They might be energetic today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online