Question for KGIII when he bans me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depends on what you did, what you did? tell the truth

I haven't banned anyone in quite a while. If I banned you, you'll know the reason.

What I have done is not allow certain people to bypass the spam filter. If your IP or email address are in a database as being a spammer of being banned at other sites who use the same database, you don't make it past the spam filters.

No, I don't make any exceptions. Sign up with your real email address, don't use a dodgy VPN, and don't spam the forum with off-topic links and the likes.

Let's hope you'll behave yourself and I don't need to ban you. However, as I said, when I do ban people they know exactly why they're banned.

I've also moved this thread to the appropriate sub-forum. Please make new threads in the *most appropriate* sub-forum. This has nothing to do with "general Linux".

I haven't banned anyone in quite a while. If I banned you, you'll know the reason.

What I have done is not allow certain people to bypass the spam filter. If your IP or email address are in a database as being a spammer of being banned at other sites who use the same database, you don't make it past the spam filters.

No, I don't make any exceptions. Sign up with your real email address, don't use a dodgy VPN, and don't spam the forum with off-topic links and the likes.

Let's hope you'll behave yourself and I don't need to ban you. However, as I said, when I do ban people they know exactly why they're banned.

I've also moved this thread to the appropriate sub-forum. Please make new threads in the *most appropriate* sub-forum. This has nothing to do with "general Linux".
I said in the ban, not here, tell me who I am

i find this works : [andrew@darkstar:~]$ whoami (07-15 19:31)
andrew
[andrew@darkstar:~]$

(07-15 19:32)

please run the command and report back

I have no idea who you are. You're just another potential user to me.

Looks like KGIII is making friends. Good for him. ;)

@Hey why don’t you allow , he's being a moderator, doing what mods do. You would probably do better to PM him if you have complaints.

No, don't PM me. I was quite explicit about that in a PM.

User was banned for harassing people (namely me) via PM.

Yes, they were given ample warning. They were told what the outcome would be if they continued. They continued.

Edit: Thread locked. Ain't nothing productive going to come out of keeping it open. Please, don't feed the trolls. They might be energetic today.

Status
Not open for further replies.