Question about UFS( Universal Flash Storage ) initialization

M

Min

Hello Everyone

I meet problem on UFS Universal Flash Storage, soft reminding it's not just about Unix File System.

The scenario is if I get a blank whole new UFS chip from manufacture ( maybe Samsung ), and then solder it on the development board with Snapdragon 820 CPU which may be considered to be including UFS controller.

If the Linux system has boot up from other storage, what should I do for initialize the new-soldiered UFS ?
The initialization means the behaviors before I can mount it or execute "fastboot" to load img.

Further more, I wanna know the low level behaviors behind the Linux command, like what registers in UFS is accessed for initialization.

The information I searched on the internet, lots are about Unix File System. Excluding the JDEC spec, the document I found is from kernel org, but there is no much detail in it.
I don't have permission to post it but the 1st result of Google "UFS linux initialization"

If someone has any idea or just hint, welcome ! and thank you for reading this post.

P.S. Honestly speaking ... I'm developing machines for UFS programmer, but I got stuck ...

Members online