Qtenv with 3D visualization support on ubuntu 22.04 LTS

u2022

Reaction score
Credits
Hi Linux community!
I'm installing omnet++ version 6.0 on ubuntu 22.04 LTS. I need to install these two packages openscenegraph-plugin-osgearth and libosgearth-dev. I tried with command $ sudo apt-get install openscenegraph-plugin-osgearth libosgearth-dev but they are unable to be located. Any help please?

Hmm... Try this:

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository universe && sudo apt update

Then try it again with:

Code:
sudo apt install openscenegraph-plugin-osgearth libosgearth-dev

Hmm... Try this:

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository universe && sudo apt update

Then try it again with:

Code:
sudo apt install openscenegraph-plugin-osgearth libosgearth-dev
Hi! Thanks I've tried it but it doesn´t work because here says that ubuntu 22.04 doesn´t provide package libosgearth.
Captura desde 2022-06-21 20-01-23.png

So I tried also to add the line
deb http://es.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic main universe in /etc/apt/sources.list because Linux distribution bionic does have packages openscenegraph-plugin-osgearth and libosgearth in repository universe but it gives an error when i execute the command $ sudo apt update it says that the repository isn´t signed so it is omitted. Any other idea?

Hmm... I'm still on 20.04 until 22.04 is offered directly. I was hopeful that'd work.

It looks like you can install one of the packages still with the highlighted command.

You can try this... Open your terminal...

Code:
cd Downloads
wget http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/universe/o/osgearth/libosgearth-dev_2.10.2+dfsg-2build2_amd64.deb
sudo apt install ./libosgearth-dev_2.10.2+dfsg-2build2_amd64.deb

It's apt so it may not need the ./ at the start of the file name. If it returns saying it wasn't found, or similar, remove the ./ and try again.

Now, I don't know if this is going to work. It may be your entry into dependency hell, but it may just install slicker than snot.

Hmm... I'm still on 20.04 until 22.04 is offered directly. I was hopeful that'd work.

It looks like you can install one of the packages still with the highlighted command.

You can try this... Open your terminal...

Code:
cd Downloads
wget http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/universe/o/osgearth/libosgearth-dev_2.10.2+dfsg-2build2_amd64.deb
sudo apt install ./libosgearth-dev_2.10.2+dfsg-2build2_amd64.deb

It's apt so it may not need the ./ at the start of the file name. If it returns saying it wasn't found, or similar, remove the ./ and try again.

Now, I don't know if this is going to work. It may be your entry into dependency hell, but it may just install slicker than snot.
Yeah, you were right. It´d work with $ sudo apt install ./libosgearth-dev_2.10.2+dfsg-2build2_amd64.deb but it starts to give me an endless chain of errors due to dependencies not resolved.

Ugh... That's what I was afraid of.

I am out of ideas to resolve this ourselves. What I would do is I'd contact the company/developers and show them the error, explaining what you've already tried. (Perhaps referencing this thread would be adequate, but you never want to waste developer's time if you can help it. Trust me, they appreciate it if you don't.)

Ugh... That's what I was afraid of.

I am out of ideas to resolve this ourselves. What I would do is I'd contact the company/developers and show them the error, explaining what you've already tried. (Perhaps referencing this thread would be adequate, but you never want to waste developer's time if you can help it. Trust me, they appreciate it if you don't.)
Got it. I'll do it. Thanks a lot

From looking at the screenshot in post #3 above:
It looks like the only answer is to install osgEarth from source.

So you'd need to visit the osgEarth github page and clone the repository using the tag for whichever version you want to install. Or download a snapshot of the source code for the version you want to install.
The tags for each release/milestone are all listed here:
If you select the tag for the version you want - you can download a snapshot of the source code at the time of that release.

Or you could clone the entire repository in order to build and install the latest, potentially unstable, development version. Or set it back to a particular tag/commit and build/install from there.

But however you do it, you'll need to have ALL of the appropriate tools for building software installed . So you'll need to install the build-essential package. Plus you'll need the dev packages installed for any other libraries that osgEarth depends on. It might just depend on opengl and openscenegraph - in which case, you should be good to go. As long as the version of OSG that you have is compatible with the version of osgEarth that you're trying to build.

But there may be other library dependencies. And without attempting to build and install it myself - I don't know exactly what might be involved. So I can't be of much more help.

Members online

Latest posts