Reaction score
Credits

$2000 USD

Joke

52 weeks 'lead time' ....bigger joke

$2000 USD

Joke

Yup. You're paying for the freedom - and to hopefully make future devices less costly. You're not buying this for any other reasons that I can think of.

If I was to purchase, I would be paying for the "fear" factor

Lets face it, the absurd cost is software related.

They could teach msft & iOS a lesson in how to gouge

I'm gonna wait a couple of months and then consider purchasing. I've gotta upgrade from my Barney Rubble phone at some point. I'm not too concerned with the price - I'm concerned with the usability.

We don't have a mobile sub-forum. So, this seems to be the *most appropriate* sub-forum.

Yikes! $2,000 and very light on specs. Even for a Made in USA device that's pretty rich for what you get. I would hope that's it's a better product than the half-baked PinePhone.

You're also paying to be an early adopter, the freedom afforded, and without the economy of scale.

I plan on replacing my phone sometime in the first few months of the year. I might buy one, assuming they're not sold out by the time I get there.

You're also paying to be an early adopter, the freedom afforded, and without the economy of scale.

I plan on replacing my phone sometime in the first few months of the year. I might buy one, assuming they're not sold out by the time I get there.

Yeah, the scaling argument is a good point. I don't mind how thick they are either. Looks rugged and durable. Maybe down the road if they get below $1K and improve the specs a bit I'll look at them again.

I just want the same functionality that I get with my dinosaur phone. I don't really need much.

2022-01-04_14-14.png

Ah there are two versions, that's insane expensive compared to an Iphone.

Yeah, it's pretty expensive. Is it worth it to be an early adopter? Is it worth it to support the cause? Is it worth it for the personal freedoms it allows?

I think those are the questions buyers will be asking themselves.

I wouldn't pay that amount of money for any cell phone even if I was rich.

I wouldn't pay that amount of money for any cell phone even if I was rich.
You could always sell one of your kidneys for it if you were to wanting to buy one really bad.

$2000 USD

Joke

cant blame them though. they have to write codes from scratch and for everything. Also, they can't compete with big tech companies with lower rates.
they can't buy wholesale materials, thats another reason.p
however they release updates for decades for their devices(environmental friendly).
completely open source.

Just got a new Samsung Phone 119.00 and 14.95/month unlimited talk and text and 1 gb data. I don't carry my phone it stays at home. When I am not working and go somewhere I take it plus my workphone.

Once a good Linux phone is out there like the Framework Laptop state of thinking. All user module parts, then maybe.

Members online

Latest posts