Puppy linux

Years ago there was Puppy Arcade deigned for retro gaming but I think the last version was in 2014 - https://archiveos.org/puppy-arcade/ - as for modern gaming I do not know
Why would anyone sell Puppy drives? something that is free should not cost you any money

Why would anyone sell Puppy drives? something that is free should not cost you any money
It used to be a pretty good business, such as OSDisc.com, now closed. I bought many Linux DVD's from them when I had a crappy internet connection. Selling Linux media has been around... since Linux! ;) Walnut Creek CDROM was probably the first, or at least the first major seller. I bought CD's from them too. Damn, I'm old. :eek::oops:;)

Last edited:
Puppy is/was pretty much its own ecosystem, so trying to turn it into a modern gaming system seems like a bad idea - more work than necessary. I don't think I could even install Wine the last time I played with it.

It used to be a pretty good business, such as OSDisc.com, now closed. I bought many Linux DVD's from them when I had a crappy internet connection. Selling Linux media has been around... since Linux! ;) Walnut Creek CDROM was probably the first, or at least the first major seller. I bought CD's from them too. Damn, I'm old. :eek::oops:;)
Yep I do remember that - Internet Speed put them out - guess me be getting old too :(

LOL I lazily used osdisc.com to send a couple of online acquaintances copies of Lubuntu - not all that many years ago. It was easier than downloading, burning, packaging, and mailing them.

'Member when Ubuntu would send 'em to you free? That wasn't that long ago. They stopped that sometime in 2012-ish.

'Member when Ubuntu would send 'em to you free? That wasn't that long ago. They stopped that sometime in 2012-ish.
Yep, I remember... I got one.

Members online