Protontricks gui - error installing component

BigBadBeef

Reaction score
Credits
I am trying to install the ms media foundation using the Protontricks gui, and I get this error message. What does it mean?

Screenshot from 2022-11-27 20-11-59.png

Your error - windows6.1-KB976932-x86.exe has returned status1 - is service pack 1 for Windows 7 and cannot be installed with your current system and service pack 1 for Windows 7 x86 is no longer available

Okay, so what does that have to do with me trying to install the Microsoft Media Foundation?

Starting in Windows 7, certain Media Foundation functions are exported from different DLL files than previous versions.
These changes affect the following .lib files:
evr.lib - mf.lib - mfplat.lib
An application that uses any of these functions must link to a different set of .lib files, depending on the SDK version and the target platform. Which these are found in service pack one
also have a look here
WINE and Microsoft Media Foundation - https://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=34663

So the guide directs towards github and implies I have to create a wine prefix?

So the guide directs towards github and implies I have to create a wine prefix?
Pretty much

mf-install​

Easily add Media Foundation support to a Wine prefix. Just set WINEPREFIX to a valid Wine prefix and run.

Example usage:

WINEPREFIX="/home/user/wine prefixes can be anywhere/folder" ./mf-install.sh

Steam stores Proton Wine prefixes as <STEAM FOLDER>/steamapps/compatdata/<GAME ID>/pfx

Righ, thanks.

Members online