Problems with sd card reader

I

icorey2014

Okay, so I recently installed Debian linux on my Acer Aspire One, and when i tried to put my micro sd card (obviously with using an adapter), absolutely nothing happens. It doesn't read, it doesn't give a notification that it can't read it, nothing. I've been told I need to install a driver for it, but I don't know how. I've also been told that I can go into terminal and edit the code in a few files so that the system itself will scan and read the device, but I'm scared I'm going to screw it all up. Does anyone have a real solution for my problem? Also, if you do, you'll have to be pretty clear and explain it fully. I know how to edit config files, and how to gain root access through my terminal, as well as sort through all my root files using the terminal, but I don't know much else, I'm still learning.

Look in your File Manager. You could have different ones e.g Thunar or PCManFM. When I put in e.g My USB stick it automatically mounts and shows on the left-hand side under "Places".

Otherwise, how is your card formatted?

Okay, so I did some extensive research last night, and it appears the model of the card reader isn't compatible with linux, and instead uses is at an addition to the HDD memory.

Members online