problems with installing manjaro off of a usb drive

OP
M

Me!

Reaction score
Credits
and bwiz, when I try to reinstall from the beginning I am faced with the same options i described earlier, no extra ones.

brickwizard

Reaction score
Credits
Ok just an idea that sometimes happens

captain-sensible

Reaction score
Credits
Re: POST #40

i think that would be trying to install to MBR with the command you quoted .

For Arch its along the lines of : grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --bootloader-id=GRUB --efi-directory=/boot/efi

At least that was my command on Vanilla. Manjaro is based on Arch but don't run that command i posted yet until some manjaro users have checked it over, manjaro has some quirks.

OP
M

Me!

Reaction score
Credits
Ok, I finally figured out what the problem was (it was something stupid as usual, and I am truly sorry for wasting your guys' time because this was something so simple that I just overlooked it). So someone over on the manjaro forums told me to remember to take out the usb drive after installing before restarting, so I did that, and it didn't seem to have any effect. But I was just curious, so I went into my BIOS and started looking around. I went into the boot menu, and saw that for some reason the NVME that I had installed manjaro to wasn't in the list of boot priority, rather it was in the part where it has other drives that aren't in it. And sure enough, when I put it into the boot order, and booted the computer, I found myself in the complete version of Manjaro KDE and am now messaging you from there. You guys have been a great help, and I as I said before (when I thought that I was finally done and would have linux installed by the next day haha), without you I would still be desperately searching the internet.

Thank You!

wizardfromoz

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
Wonderful news.

Enjoy your Linux. :)

Wizard

OP
M

Me!

Reaction score
Credits
btw its great so far, and honestly, contrary to what I've been told, its actually quite similar to what I was expecting!

Fanboi

Reaction score
Credits
Glad it's sorted. Wouldn't entirely blame myself if I were you. Hell, I couldn't find the virtualization settings to enable KVM on my board, but luckily MSI decided to include a search function. I also struggled with boot order coz it shows multiple devices for the same device :shrug: so you're not 100% alone there.

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!