Problems with Fedora

Rachmani3652

Reaction score
Credits
Ok so I installed Fedora. The installation completed But all I get is a blank blue screen. Then everytime I reboot or shut down I have to reinstall Fedora from the beginning. It gives me the option to use it Live or download it to the hard disk and I'm attempting to download it to the hard drive. Help please. I'm on Fedora now because I can at least use the browser.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-07-20 22-30-40.png
    Screenshot from 2020-07-20 22-30-40.png
    694.8 KB · Views: 624

That's the default Gnome3 Desktop, click on "Activities" and you will get a menu.

That's the default Gnome3 Desktop, click on "Activities" and you will get a menu.
I believe i clicked on activities and I have an option to install fedora to my disk but when the download finishes it's just like I never downloaded it.

I believe i clicked on activities and I have an option to install fedora to my disk but when the download finishes it's just like I never downloaded it.
You have to reboot the system after it finishes installing.

Check which device boots first, if it's the usb/cd move it down the boot menu or remove the flash drive/cd.

It gives me the option to use it Live or download it to the hard disk and I'm attempting to download it to the hard drive.
Have you actually installed it? I don't use Fedora but I presume they use an "Installer" program much the same as other distros. Have you run the Installer and proceeded step by step through the installation process?
Install and download to disk are not the same thing.

I actually tried it on a vm with the most recent fedora. When you boot from the iso you have two options.
1. Install to harddrive
2. Boot into live mode

If you choose livemode it boots into the live environment, where you can still select from the menu to install to hard drive. After you go through the installation process it finishes and doesn't tell you what to do. After you manually reboot it will boot from your harddrive.

I'm just going to stick with Kali for now. I'll go back to Fedora eventually.

You forgot to umount the installation iso. Right before you reboot unmount it from you virtual machine and then it should boot normally into the installed os as expected.

You forgot to umount the installation iso. Right before you reboot unmount it from you virtual machine and then it shoot boot normally into the installed os as expected.
Ok I'll try that. Thanks.

I see that when there is no user account created sometimes.

In Fedora user account creation is after installation. When you first login you will be prompt to create an account.

true for workstation, but not server.

@Jhonvicki I have deleted your post as it does nothing to add to the Thread, and the matter was resolved a year ago.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts