Problems with Dovecot

bennhana

Reaction score
Credits
I have installed a new mail server on CentOS 7 with Dovecot and Postfix. Postfix is working perfectly. Emails are going out and coming into the server without any problems. I can telnet localhost on both port 25 and 110. but Email client, Outlook is unable to pull mail from the server. When I click Send/Receive its connecting but unable pop emails. There is no error message. I then did a telnet to port 110 and below is what I got. What could be the problem? Of course, the username and the password I have put are not the real ones.

telnet localhost 110
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK Dovecot ready.
USER [email protected]
+OK
PASS Password
-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed.

What configuration should I change to enable Outlook to get emails? Thanks in advance people.

You are showing a telnet session from localhost, I would assume your mail client is not running on the server but from another machine. Is that telnet session supposed to show that your dovecot is running or something else? If it is to show it is working from localhost, then I would say open up port 110 in your firewall so that oulook can connect on that port when connecting from another machine.

Members online